Return to About Mormons home
(see also Activities section at The Young Women's Corner)
The Teacher age boys team up with the mia maids and have had a progressive dinner, another time the boys served the girls dinner.(they even dressed in ties and white shirts on a week night!!) The boys even had a tumbling class/activity. An instructor came and showed them skills. Then of course most love the sports - soccer, basketball, softball and even some times with the girls, they have gone snow shoeing and hiking and biking and some swimming in a pool and canoeing on a lake. But there is a lot of concern about the water sports so they don't do many of those. ~Diane
Here are a few combined activities that worked well. I'll send more as I
remember.~Judy in Arkansas
1. Missionary relay- Shirt ironing; button sewing, clothes folding, asking the golden question the best. We mixed the YM with the YW and they all had fun.
2. Family Feud- YW vs. YM (Our youth are very competitive) from the YW list
3. Volleyball- We play with no spiking and everyone MUST rotate in. FUN
4. Softball- Mixed up
5. Pictionary- I didn't believe this would work did as well as it did.
6. Mormon Trivia (we used the Children's so they had a better chance of being right)
7. Making Pizzas
8. Service Projects are always a plus such as cleaning the Highway, visiting nursing home, cleaning a cemetery, visiting shut-ins, caroling etc. ( it seems they crave doing things for others,)
Return to Young Men's Corner Home Page
Return to All About Mormons